Tuesday, October 13, 2009

JLT [Just like that!!]

So I know I haven’t written to the group for a long long time now and I shud really have..but I have my list of excuses for y i did not writing in earlier …
1] I am addicted to facebook,
2] I am way too busy having fun in life,
3] I spend all my typing skills on mentor emails!! [hey, I should be allowed to use them as an excuse sometimes…otherwise what good r they? …lol]
4] I have finally in life started reading real books, etc…

So u see, Since I have all these valid excuses, I believe I should be excused for not having written in… right? Im not gonna write about one particular run that I had this season, coz the season’s almost over and im just writing in for the first time… so here goes random stuff that happened in 2009!!

Last night, I ran on the west side and I am unhappy to announce that by the end of my run, my hair line had receded atleast 2 inches due to the crazy 50mph winds… I could feel the strong gusts just plucking away each hair from my scalp, one at a time, right from the roots and landing it on the faces of ppl running behind me!!... Damn!! It was rough…now when I grow up will have to spend soo much more money for botox-ing the extra 2” of forehead space, imagine!!

I was mentoring this yr again and I had the most amazing 4 mentees this yr… needless to say, I have made some great friends. I trained a lot this yr with chandreyee [a.k.a chand] …my running buddy no.2 ….as I have said b4, jayashree will always be no.1..sorry chand darling, im just going chronologically..thats all :-(…

So yeah, have to tell u guys this..if I am chand’s mentor, she is mine!! She has yelled at me for not running, she has changed her plans to make sure she can run with me so I don’t skip my run, she has fed me just coz I like home cooked food and she has listened to my uncontrollable verbal vomit 3 times a week, every week, for the past 4-5 months!! At this moment I did like all of u to take a moment and pay ur respects to this amazing human being… all of u!! …stand up and take a bow!! Now!!

When chand and i first started running, and I would tell her about what’s happening in my life, she would get confused sometimes about which guy I was talking about when…but by now, she’s soo good at it that she knows exactly which annoying little SOB or totally cute HOAP [HOAP =hottie on a potty = a hot guy/girl that looks hot even when on a potty, hence is a bonified HOTTIE] im talking about, as soon as I begin the conversation.. that’s something!! … and the times Kalpana joined us, it was double the fun… I love my running group…sometimes we had remya, vasu, Sheila, Monica join us too…all in all, everyone knows everything about my life now…lol

Chand Talk:
When it comes to relationships, chand tells me “follow ur instincts…if u feel something’s fishy, backoff asap!!” …to that I say “ai ai captain!”…

When it comes to running “ chand says, we have to train… no matter what…be regular and don’t miss any run!! I want to do this!!” …to that I say “ai ai captain!”…

When it comes to meeting for a run chand says “ don’t be late..ill see u at the tree at 7.30 sharp”.. …to that I say “ai ai captain!”…but always end up being late…not my fault..its genetic [yup, im blaming it on my mommy.. ;-) ]

When it comes to loosing weight chand says “ we have to loose 2 pounds in 2 weeks..deal?... to that I say “DEAL!! “…we haven’t talked about it ever again… neither of us..hehe

Ppl don’t understand the importance of a running buddy…I’ve been blessed with some great ones… Jayashree, Abhishek, monica, jitu, archana, chandreyee, kalpana… u guys r the reason y I can do it!! HONESTLY!!

So 4-5 days ago, I got a text from jayshree at 7.15 am in the morning on a Friday… after like a whole yearrrrrrrr of almost little to zero communication!!…for all who don’t know who jayashree is, she and I were running buddies and the original founders of Turtles, Inc. in 2007. We were super slow and We did MCM together…so this is what her text said “I dreamt last night that u came to visit me in my home in Chennai and we were chit chatting with my grandpa. Weird!! Guess sub-consciously I’m missing you ;-) have a good day! “ … aweee..i know!!! I read this with one waking eye and went back to sleep with a HUGEEEE grin on my face!!”.i miss you too hunny”, I thought to myself and went zzzzzzz again.

But this is what I mean… I know all this is about the running and the cause but for me it has served a much bigger purpose… I have met some really awesome ppl, who I genuinely like and who I genuinely love too… and it’s a super glued bond coz u spent doing the hardest things u’ve ever done in ur life –a marathon, with them… and u went thru it together…I think it would be wise for me to marry someone who I train to run a marathon with, coz if we go thru that together, im sure we’ll survive the other ups and downs in life too… damn one more prereq for my future husband…if my mom hears this she’s gonna kill herself.. I already have such a long list of pre-requisites she has to abide by while looking for a guy for me, that I don’t think she can take it anymore…

Go Team !!!!

No comments: