Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Too Cold for Comfort!!

as i have said b4 a million times already, i think that this entire running season i have been running against the forces of nature!!

15 miles in the rain, hair-line receding winds, jaw chattering cold, skin roasting heat, sauna effect while running thru freshly wet roads and a 90 degree sun shinning at the same time...everything u can think off... the first couple of times i thought it was fun...i even gave my friends a whole spiel on how running in the rain felt soo exhilarating and the sense of accomplishment when u know that ur body, mind and soul could fight against nature to finish what u started when u put ur mind to it, was something i wish they would experience too... but it kinda got old very soon...in the last 2 months or so, i feel like every time i step out for a run, it weather isn't perfect..its either too cold or raining or too windy...seriously, its true!!

i wasnt melting in the rain and i wasnt frozen in form in the cold, but last sat i ran 12 miles in my newly acquired warmest running attire and i was still freezing my tits off even with 3 layers on top, gloves and long pants...and since im a super slow runner, my body does not generate that much heat to keep me warm.... wtf!!..after i finished my run i was shivering for a one whole hr..what am i gonna do on my race day for the next 14.2 miles??

and the thing is that, like most work spaces in the world, my work space is also never in tandem with the normal human comfort zone when it comes to thermal comfort... its always too cold!! be it winter or summer...its a self imposed refrigerator at the cost of global warming... i have tried but cant do anything about it technically...

and my extremely lovable and antique apt is just that!! too old for central heating... so i have my 315 plus square feet of a room with one teeny tiny space heater that heats only one limb at a time...!! [i am soo not exaggerating] i am soo tired of being cold all the time!!!! i dont think my body even recognises normal human body temperature anymore.. im sure if i was seriously in a comfortably warm room ever, my body is just going to not recognise it as "normal"..its gonna think its too warm and give me a head ache...

i hate the cold!!

No comments: