Monday, July 16, 2007

july 16th - update- its all about running man..its all about running!

OK, my turn ...my turn...

I just have to say, I DID IT... last sat when we did 8 miles I didn't do well at all... i almost walked for like 4 miles out of the 8.... I was soo depressed and I think coach knows... I was about to give the Hudson river competition with my free flow of tears...[of course exaggerating…. I am strong…didn't u hear I ran 10 miles last sat … I would never cry ;-)]….

But this sat was great…. I ran like the wind in slow-mo [coz u all know I run slowwwlyyy] …. But anything in slow motion is dramatic right…and so was my run… I felt great and monel was an awesome companion…she ran at my pace without complains. She didn't talk too much, but enough to keep me great company… and she ran 10 miles instead of 8miles… and she kept believing me every time I told her "the asha tree was just around the corner…" for like a whole mile…. HEHEAHAHA…ohhh hun…. I am sorry to do that to u but I had to entertain myself somehow without my ipod…. J/k…. I just thought that was the only way to get you to finish the 10 miles…. And u did great…pls come run with me next sat… I promise the asha tree will be just around the corner for only half a mile….

Anyway, I do not like the gels and the crazy gooiee thingies…. During my 8 mile run I had used one of them with water when coach introduced them to us, b4 the run… I am telling u, the whole 8 miles I wanted to throw up…. I hated it…. I am planning to run with bananas or samosas in my pockets next time…. But on a serious note, can I use bananas on the go? …. I don't like these yucky sports supplements…

Also, I didn't drink too much water or take many walk breaks during my 10 miler… I know that's not advisable… but I did great without it… I think they slow me down [yeah I know what ur thinking…like it is possible to get any slower than I already am?]…but the water does…. And I would prefer not to eat anything at all… is that ok?….
Anyway..seeya guys soon…

No comments: