Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Deprived Child!

In this entire quest to help the underprivileged children in India, I am feeling a lot underprivileged myself. We first time marathoners are subject to so much alcohol deprivation I cannot tell you. Our long runs are on Saturday early mornings. 7.30 am. So we cannot go out Friday nights coz we will not wake up on sat mornings otherwise. And ofcourse we cannot drink even at dinner coz we will be dehydrated on sat morning during our run. And yes there is this non-workable option of going out sat night to party, but no one tells you when you join the training that that will not happen either. If you run 12 miles on a sat morning, what chance in hell do you think you have that you will be able to even walk in a straight line till Monday morning? We could all be arrested for DUI without a drop of alcohol in our stomachs on a Saturday till Sunday time frame. Maybe Lindsay Loan’s been training for the Marathon too.

Another down side to this entire running is that since I haven’t been partying in like 3 months now, my group of party socialites seem to be disappearing or getting out of touch… Yes, most of my close friends do not like to dance, so I normally party with not so good friends …[damn, I shouldn’t have said that out aloud].. But even so the problem still prevails that once I am done with my Half Marathon, I maybe party-friends-less… It’s a HUGE problem…. Somebody help me.

Weekdays are tiring too.. Its not like you can get away with not running during the week. So you still run like 6 miles or 5 miles or 3 miles every alternate day. In these 3 months so far, I have discovered soo many parts of my Body – The Wonderland, I cannot tell you. Seriously. Did you know that women could chafe below their boobs too? There are muscles that hurt, like my index toe muscles get pulled every Saturday night after my long run. Helloooo?.. Like that pidly little toe has a mind of its own. It has to rebel every time after a long run. What a stubborn little prick I tell you.

And then there are times when you want to go to the bathroom real bad while your running and you have finished only 1 mile and you have 5 more to go. Now here is where the real challenge is. Running under PRESSURE. But one good thing that has come out of this experience is that I have come up with an awesome business idea. I am going to spend some money and pay intelligent people to come up with an awesome product – CHAFING FREE – ADULT DIPERS that are Good to Go! [Taco bell style –Think outside the BUM!] …Brilliant, don’t you think?

And after all of the above if you are expecting that I would end this by saying “But it is all worth it and we are doing it for the children and all…” I am sorry to disappoint you. Right now I am not in the mood of being nice. It's my time to whine and I am sticking to it. Ok I am off to run now. Tata!

No comments: