Friday, August 24, 2007

Why " Runnnn Forestttt!!!"

First obvious reason is because it is a marathon blog for me.. thus the Runnnnn part is justified.. and thus I stay away from posting non-marathon related things on it…becoz if I do not restrict myself I can write and talk a lot about anything…like the color of underwear people should not wear, the saga for finding an apartment in NYC, my so called Sex and the City girl talk, the zillion FedEx boys I have a crush on, how do you spell CRP, etc… So to save you guys from the trouble of reaching dementia from just reading I have restricted myself…what a noble thought right? I know… I always try to do the right thing.

For all who dont understand the Forestttttt part, let me explain.... last sat, Amit Sinha [one of our Marathon program mentors] ran with me for a bit. In less than 30 secs he started walking while I ran because he just couldn’t do it [i.e, run that slow]…and he saw me struggle while I ran with all my might [I always run with all my might… I am a very mighty runner u see…] so he bought me to the idea of learning every word of the music on my ipod while i was running...just to kill time and to distract myself from the pain.... [Brilliant, i know...like my head wasn’t already filled with enough useless info]... and also coz I have the same music on my ipod since the last 8 months now, I didn’t have many songs un-learnt...so I switched to movies instead...and on Tuesday, I ran with one movie in my head – Forest Gump.... and I kept repeating it to myself " I AM FOREST GUMP!" and in the last 1 mile which is always a torture my mind was screaming “RUNNNNN FORESTTTTTTTT!”…....and then the obvious dialogue followed.." Life is like a box of chocolates...You never know what ur gonna get!" .... of course I went back home to a big box of ferro rochers... so even though I cheated and knew what I was gonna get from my box of chocolates, i was still living the life ;-).... pls ok, i had finished my run...so i am allowed my treat...


SO THERE YOU GO. That’s how I got my Blog name: Runnnn Forestttttttt….
I have my next long run tomorrow …16 miles ppl…. And I have to get this movie Forest Gump out of my head… I have to find a new one to enact while I run… I am leaning towards Sholay actually ..." Bhaag Dhaanooo...aaj teri basanti ki ijjat ka sawal hai!" .... with all the dramatic background music...whah wah… will be a lot of fun… and when my legs are dying of pain I can maro the dialogue “Yeah pair [legs] mujhe dede Thakur…yeah Pair mujhe dede”…. Sahi hai baap… way to go…

Now I am done typing… me leaving…


Going…Going…Gone…zzzzzzzzzzz [to sleep…what did I think, I went running again…. ? pls…. I have a life beyond running you know]

Subh Ratri [Good Night]

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I am really surprised that I would be among the first ones to comment on what have written.Yeah.WHAT HAVE YOU WRITTEN.I mean it is very funny and i am sure it is the truth :-)Best of Luck.lemme know if I can do anything

Prutha Raithatha said...

ohhhh...so now i see ur comment...
thanks for the pictures...ur wife looks cute [not as cute as me though j/k... still dont know her name] ..... wedding seems like a blast...on the 78th pic as of now...wich u all the love and luck hun... god bless..!